Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Anger - Monday, September 15, 2008


My primary medium is watercolor, but I realized a several months ago that I could get the images in my head out quicker and easier with acrylic. I have a very small palette of the three primaries, black, white, and Burnt Umber. This is my second acrylic. Called: Anger (14 X 18). It has various shades of green underpainting with touches of red and black. Green has always been a symbol of growth to me, and growth is not static. It has trials and turbulence represented by the red and black touches. The anger comes in powerful and explosive with the red, yellow, and orange. It is overpowering and consuming. It can move you to change and action, but it is also surround by darkness and black and can easily turn bad and be harmful to you, those around you, and your relationship with God.

1 comment:

Susan P said...

Very cool Cheryl! I like the energy of your strokes.