Sunday, April 15, 2012

The World of Medication Poem

I can feel the insanity coming on;
The heart is pounding, the thoughts roaring
The mind jumps from this to that to this other thing:
Swirling around in a maze of great ideas,
Let’s jump in the car and see where it takes us,
I want to fly, to soar. . .
Who cut my wings?
Who destroyed what was mine?
I beautiful falcon locked up behind iron bars.
Some chemical poured into my brain,
What if I just lost all the medication?
What if I just went completely off?
Would the world stop?
Would I die, would I get to see Jesus?
Would I rise to some glorious mystical place. . .
Beyond any thought or reason?
Would I see it all again?
The detailed truth that only lies in pure mania
I want the energy, I want the ideas,
I want to fly with the manic world
To beyond this place, this world
I want to touch that place deep in my soul
That has been untouched for so long
The non-medicated human being
That lies hidden within this shell of a body
Where did she go?
Where is the song bird?
She has been destroyed by medication.

No comments: