Thursday, September 17, 2015

Name Change Madness

Just wanted to share a little update for everyone out there. I got married September 1st, and it has been a bit of craziness trying to update everything to my new married name of Higgins. I know everything is out there as Cheryl L Russell, so it makes it hard to connect that I am now Higgins. I have not even thought of how I am going to sign my work now as I have signed it with my initials, "CR," for years. Working on a new signature is really weird after believing that I would never marry and having used Russell all my nearly forty years. I find myself still signing things with my maiden name and still telling people that my last name is Russell. It is confusing for several people who know I got married and changed it. It is even weirder to call different offices and giving them both names because I do not know if I have updated their records or not. I know it has only been a little over two weeks, and I will slowly get used to this change and have everyone updated. However, the process getting there is somewhat frustrating at times.

No comments: