Monday, May 2, 2016

Spiral Tree Sunset Acrylic

This Spiral Tree Sunset Acrylic (18X14) was done in January 2016 at Art Awakenings Studio. My husband when I was editing the picture for this post asked how many of these tree paintings I have done. This is actually my third of this style tree. I do enjoy doing these paintings. They flow out of me and each of them are completely different, but the spiral tree look is all the same. They are extremely meditative for me and my brain. I really love to work on them when I am anxious or worried, and I have done each of them at times when I just want a break from doing more intense detailed paintings. I completed this one while working on a lake acrylic which has a lot of detail in the reflection on the water. I needed a bit of a break and relaxed into this crazy fire sunset background and meditatively worked on the tree. It was fun and got me back to the lake scene which is not complete as of yet.

No comments: