Sunday, May 3, 2009

Guitar Break, Sunday, May 3, 2009


I have been doing a lot of thinking about this blog lately. One of my house mates asked the other day how it was going and if it was becoming a burden (or something to that effect). I started thinking and it seems that my art life has suffered because I have been critical of everything because everything revolves around posting it here. I have not done a big piece or started a large project in a while because of it except the one for church. I have been doing a lot of sketching and small stuff, but nothing that I sit down for a few days to work on or that is bigger than my journal. I have not really played with my art either. I have also neglected one of my soul foods, music tramendously. So, I have decided to take a break and work on a painting that is just random fun. It is a full size watercolor sheet that I started months ago, but have not worked on in ages and I am going to take this month to focus on my classical guitar. I might blog here and there, but I am not going to try to keep up with the everyday thing. It just makes me crazy. So there it is. Sorry to disappoint those who watch constantly. Hope to bring you some really cool big things in the future. For now, I am going to focus on my first artistic love - Music.

1 comment:

Susan Cepin said...

Way to go, Cheryl! As a frequent blogger, I can understand the difficulty of having a blog that's supposed to encourage you to create turn suddenly into something that sucks the creativity right out of you. So enjoy your sabbatical. :)