Sunday, December 8, 2013

Anxious Birthday Cake

So, this was my second project for my Sculpting Class this Semester. We had to pick a feeling word and an object word out of a hat this time to do an Abstraction of the object that was picked. I got Anxious Birthday Cake; my therapist likes this one the best. Most everyone that I have shown this to really likes it. I had a sheet of steel to work with, so with this project, I learned how to use a plasma cutter, metal power tools, die caster, and a welder. I have a second steel project that was a Kinetic Project which means it had to mechanically move. By the end of that project, I have become a pretty good welder. I would have never thought that I would be doing these things in my life, but boy has Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8-11am been a lot of fun and a lot of learning. Note: The Birthday Cake looked more like a space rocket, so I added acrylic paint mixed with molding paste to give the appearance of frosting dripping off the cake.

No comments: