Monday, July 19, 2010

Blessing, Monday, July 19, 2010

“Just as important as your medication,”
The words echo as I spend time with You,
Are you my drug, my addiction?
This is what Paul meant by contentment,
It is only You who bring peace and calm,
No matter what the storm or problem or pain.
I took You for granted this past week,
And I crashed and burned into Satan’s lies.
I gave and gave and emptied my soul;
Such an easy target my heart and mind became,

How amazing it is that You are right there!!
You never moved, never turned, never went away,
Right there to refresh my soul and sooth my wounds
When I turned to seek Your holy face.
Why cannot I just rest in the comfy chair with You?
Why must I fight and bicker and be so independent?
I wonder sometimes after one of these episodes,
“What does He really think of me?”
Those are the times I wish I could see Jesus’ eyes,
You have blessed me much but never with this.

No comments: