Saturday, July 24, 2010

Necklace Holder, Saturday, July 24, 2010


So on Thursday morning at 2am, I lost my dear pet, Lucky, who I had for 10 and a half years. Valley Fever had taken over her nervous system in her brain. I have been crying and lot, mourning a lot and just missing her. I went on a cleaning, organizational rampage today and I pulled out my dresser drawer that has all my necklaces. About three years ago or maybe longer, I was asking people to give me necklaces so I could walk into my femininity. I really like them. I also meet two people who make jewelry two years ago and they have given many many beautiful things. But they were all cluttered and tangled in this drawer and I had a resorted to wearing my favorite cross that my sister gave me for Christmas everyday. Today, I decided to make a necklace holder that would go on the wall. It is not perfect, I measured nothing, just the way I wanted it, simple, and to the point and kind of whimsical. It is all made with stuff that the house already had: wood from the back yard, nails that I found in my room while I was organizing, acrylic paint that I had, and the tools that the house already owned. And know I have all my stuff in view, untangled, and high enough for children to not easily reach. And my necklaces bring beauty and joy to my room.

2 comments:

Kelsea Nicole said...

Yay! You have some fun ones, I hope to see you wearing them! :)

Cheryl L Higgins said...

I have been wearing them more lately and getting a lot of comments from people. That is both scary and fun at the same time.