Saturday, July 3, 2010

Slow down and sketch, Saturday, July 3, 2010


It often takes a physical impairment to slow me down and make me look at what I am doing with my life. I got in a car accident on the 22nd of June and it has resulted in a lot of pain and exhaustion, thus slowing down. I have been thinking about my art a lot in this time. I put these structures and boundaries around my art that I can only do these things or this book and then I get overwhelmed and discouraged and do no art at all. I was thinking today that I just need to slow down and play again with my art. I did a couple of one minute sketches. The one minute sketch comes from the book - Art Escapes- which my house mate Susan Cepin gave me years ago. So, I decided to do this little collage to remind myself to be more playful and just have fun with my art because that is what it is all about anyway.

2 comments:

Kelsea Nicole said...

Yay! Glad to see art on your blog again. I like how the fun tumbling triangle blocks contrast with the seriousness of the barren tree.

Cheryl L Higgins said...

Thanks Kelsea. I am going to try not to freak out this time and abandon everything.